[IPython-user] OSX tab completion

Chu notmuch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:19:41 CST 2005

When I do tab completion for anything, I get an extra space at the end.

eg:
In [1]: import datetime
In [2]: datetime<blank space> .
In [7]: cd /
/
In [8]: cd usr/<blank space>local

This extra space pretty much takes away the convenience/speed of tab
completion. I noticed someone had asked a similar question last month
but no resolution. I am so hooked to this can't work without tab
completion.

I think this has to do with the readline module as similar behavior
happens when I use tab completion in python interpreter.

Using  IPython v 0.6.12 on OSX and pre-compiled copy of the readline.so
module from http://www.pycs.net/bbum/2005/2/21/readline.so.gz

cg