[IPython-user] edit no longer working

danny shevitz danny_shevitz at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 13:24:28 CDT 2005

Howdy,

I'm having weird behavior and wonder if anyone could make some
suggestions. I trying to use magic edit. I'm on a Win2K box, Python
2.3.4,
IPython 0.6.13.
I have set my editor to TextPad in my IPythonrc file. When at the
IPython prompt I type edit, I pull up a TextPad window with a temp
file, but when I save the file, no text is ever read into the IPython
session. It is as if the file is blank. I have full priveleges to the
temp folder. I can browse there and see the files just fine. Any ideas?
BTW, this was working before and is no longer working. To the best of
my knowledge, I have not changed my IPythonrc file.

thanks,
Danny