[IPython-user] ERROR: Internal Python error in the inspect module.

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:41:24 CDT 2005

I have a script that runs fine the first time and then if I run it
again (without modification) I get this error:

In [3]:run thetafb.py
ERROR: Internal Python error in the inspect module.
Below is the traceback from this internal error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../ipython/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/IPython/ultraTB.py",
line 434, in text
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/inspect.py", line 811, in getinnerframes
    framelist.append((tb.tb_frame,) + getframeinfo(tb, context))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/inspect.py", line 775, in getframeinfo
    lines, lnum = findsource(frame)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/inspect.py", line 437, in findsource
    if pat.match(lines[lnum]): break
IndexError: list index out of range

Unfortunately, your original traceback can not be constructed.

WARNING: Failure executing file: <thetafb.py>

The script is still under development, so I need to run it many times
with incremental changes.  Any idea where to look for what is causing
this error?  (I don't know if I can take it apart enough to submit a
simple example that recreates the problem).

Ryan