[IPython-user] ipython windows

Eric Zollars zollars at caltech.edu
Sun Oct 23 14:30:19 CDT 2005

I uninstalled ipython and readline.  Since I had allowed readline to
overwrite the previous (Enthought) readline this left me with an empty
readline folder in site-packages.  Reinstalled readline-1.12

 >>import readline
 >>dir(readline)
['PyReadline','__builtins__','__doc__','__file__','__none__','__path__']
 >>print readline.__file__
C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\readline\__init__.pyc

So obviously I am not getting the expected result but I do not know why.

Eric