[IPython-user] Problems with IPython and gtk-win32-devel-2.6.10-rc1.exe/pygtk-2.6.3.1.win32-py2.4

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Oct 31 13:57:14 CST 2005

Sean Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:32:51 -0700
>   Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:
>

>>>with this (borrowed a bit from you svn code)
>>
>>Mmh, does this mean that SVN has the problem already fixed?
>>

> the part you've already fixed is the gobject bit based  on the gtk version,
>
> the part you need to correct is the change for timeout_add -> idle_add
>

>>Man, I'm smart ;)
>

> no arguments here

Well, I wish the time machine had worked.  The sad part (hence the smiley), is
that all that threading code has either been written by me stumbling in the
dark (the broken parts) or by others (the parts that work).  So I can't
honestly claim much in the way of smarts here, I'm afraid... :)

Anyway, I'll follow your suggestion for the fix and test it.  So far things
look good under Linux, I'll play with it some more to see if any weird
problems come up.

Many thanks for the feedback.