[IPython-user] Extreme Ipython frustration blues....

Rob Marino robfull at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:17:49 CDT 2005

Hi Fernando.
 Thanks very much for your helpful reply.
 I tried the things you suggested with the following interesting results:
  ....I said python

*Python 2.4.1 (#65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> import os
>>> os.getcwd()
'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Rob Marino'
>>> type(os.getcwd())
<type 'str'>
>>>*
 However, and here the plot thickens. I fI understand the docs correctly
then there should be an win32 native executable called ipython.exe - this
does not exist..
 Also, adding the debug lines you provided and stepping thru in wing
provides this:
 *WARNING: Stream <cin> looks suspicious: it lacks a 'mode' attribute.
*** DBG *** home dir info: None
None
<type 'NoneType'>*

**
*Hence its not getting the home dir variable from the os I think. The script
I'm trying to run is a toy script I found on ASPN: *
 http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/410670
**
*...assuming that IPython is installed correctly then ::::*
**
 # Create the shell object. This steals twisted.internet.reactor
# for its own purposes, to make sure you've already installed a
# reactor of your choice.
shell = IPShellTwisted(
argv=[],
user_ns={'__name__': '__example__',
'hello': 'world',
},
)
 Should be ok. This looks like a good old win32 environment variable problem
maybe...
 Thanks for your help.
  *Rob M.*
**