[IPython-user] using typed code

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Tue Sep 20 16:24:58 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I mostly use ipython to test some portions of code, before integrating
it into the source code file.
For short code portions, I dont mind retyping the stuff into the file.

The problem is when I test a long function (10 or more lines) it is
awfully frustrating to (try to) retype all this. It also increase the
probability to make a typo error.

Do you use any feature of ipython that could help for copy-pasting what
has been typed into an ipython shell. Just copy-pasting the session
would also copy-paste the prompts (In[x], Out[y], Tracebacks,...)

Thank you.

--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: