[IPython-user] ls strangeness

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 1 11:49:09 CST 2006

> Fixed in svn. It was a fix I did to make aliases to things like
>
> c:\program files\ff\bar.exe
>
> work but it of course broke aliasis to commands with arguments.

The original solution for this issue with %edit was to see if a file
exists at the absolute path of the alias, and if it did, treat the
alias with the spaces as a single command. If there was no file
there, then treat the stuff after the spaces as arguments.

Was this the solution you used for the %ls problem too? Hopefully
these all should be consistent.

Zach