[IPython-user] pyreadline question

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 09:50:24 CDT 2006

On 3/31/06, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:

> I had to make some backwards incompatible changes to how pyreadline is
> started. Now the recommended way is to "import readline" to initialize
> pyreadline, if you want to set the config_path do:
>
> import pyreadline.rlmain
> pyreadline.rlmain.config_path=r"c:\xxx\pyreadlineconfig.ini"
>
> before "import readline".
>
> Ville will have to decide on how he wants to expose this in ipython. A
> workaround for now is to add those two lines before "import IPython" in
> the ipython.py startup script.

Perhaps we should put the lines you suggest in
UserConfig/ipy_user_conf.py, in comments? That's the first place the
user *should* look for personal config options...

Extensions/ipy_system_conf.py is ok as well, considering that
pyreadline is only used on Windows ATM.

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'