[IPython-user] running ipython from command line with pysh profile does not work

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 03:46:02 CDT 2006

On 4/10/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> I still think that
>
> ipython foo.py
>
> should treat its input as pure python, but we could certainly add a switch to
> process an input file as 'ipython source', and do so automatically for .ipy
> extensions.

The .ipy part was exactly what I thought myself, but I was hesitant to
establish the ".ipy convention" at this point. Now that we have two
independent trains of thought leading to the same station, I think we
should do it. It'll be there this week.

I'm more hesitant about the new command line switch, IMO there is
already too many.

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'