[IPython-user] deep_reload

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:43:20 CDT 2006

I am having problems with reloads in my modules.  I have some modules
of my own that I may not have developed in the smartest way.  I
bascially have a directory structure with one __init__.py file in each
folder, but the __init__.py files don't know about each other.

Anyways, they are all under development, so there are reload's
sprinkled through out.  But these reload's occasionally cause
problems.  I am hoping to get rid of all my reload's and just do a
recursive reload on the top level if I need to.  I am hoping that
%dreload or a deep_reload function can do that for me, but I am having
trouble figuring out how to get it to work.  Is there an option to do
it only when I think it is needed without doing deep_reload by
default?

Do my __init__.py files need to somehow be informed about one another
for this to work, or is my nested directory structure sufficient?

Thanks,

Ryan