[IPython-user] resolved an issue with readline and MacPython-2.4.3

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Fri Aug 11 14:34:39 CDT 2006

Howdy,

Another ... easier(?) ... more supported (?) ... perhaps, just plain
"other" option is to install the python and readline combo via
DarwinPorts (http://darwinports.org/). The readline package auto-d/
l's and applies the correct patches before install.

I've been averse to using things like ports or fink for sometime
because I always liked to roll my own with that sort of stuff, but it
has really saved me a lot of time getting a lot of different things
working together, and darwinports do a pretty good job about keeping
their stuff up to date.

-steve