[IPython-user] Can somebody help me with readline support?

Nathan frizop at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 09:53:59 CDT 2006

So when trying to follow the instructions listed in the site you linked, I got the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: warning Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Python cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyMac_Error
_Py_Main
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [python.exe] Error 1

It would appear that intel arch is not supported on OS X? I'm going to research the python forums/lists whatever and see how they fix it. In the mean time, I'll check out Darrens response and see if I can figure out what he has done.

Thanks,
--Nathan