[IPython-user] question of shell invocation

danny shevitz danny_shevitz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 11:41:57 CST 2006

I've been using IPython for a while, but this is in the embarrassing newbie question category.

I am starting to develop a wxPython application and I want to run with the -wthread option.
The problem is that I can't figure out how to do this. I'm on a windows box. Usually I click
on my desktop icon which is a shortcut to a script ("ipython_shell.py") that imports Ipython
and runs the shell.

I can't figure out how to hand it a command flag. There is no ipython.py file in my distribution
like the docs say (in order to run "ipython.py -wthread"), only an IPython module directory.

I'm sure it's trivial, I just can't figure it out.

TIA, Danny