[IPython-user] ipython/matplotlib question (belinda thom)

Tony Mannucci Tony.Mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 8 11:24:13 CST 2006

At 12:00 PM -0600 12/7/06, ipython-user-request at scipy.org wrote:
>My next question is this: how can one modify xeamcs's py-shell
>command so that it calls -pylab when ipython is invoked?

Have you tried (in .emacs file):

(require 'ipython)
(setq py-python-command-args '("-pylab"))

This is supposed to work. My experience is limited at this point. I
believe this protocol came from the ipython manual. You also need the
updated python-mode.el in the proper path for emacs to find.

-Tony

--
Tony Mannucci
Supervisor, Ionospheric and Atmospheric Remote Sensing Group
  California Institute of Technology,     Email > Tony.Mannucci at jpl.nasa.gov
  4800 Oak Grove Drive,                   http://genesis.jpl.nasa.gov
  Pasadena, CA 91109