[IPython-user] windows and wthread

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 10:44:49 CST 2006

On 12/8/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/8/06, danny shevitz <danny_shevitz at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Is no one using wxPython on windows and this is undiscovered, or I am doing this really
> > stupid and there is a much better way.
>
> It's just that wxpython is no longer in wxPython package, but the
> package name is now just "wx". I think.

Attached is a patch against current SVN that updates the WX support to
follow the current conventions.  All my testing indicates it's OK, but
right now I only have access to a fairly up to date Ubuntu Edgy
laptop, so I'd appreciate if someone on slightly less updated hardware
can test it before I commit.

I won't have access to any other system for another 2 weeks, so I'd be
very grateful for input on this patch: I want to make sure that the
next release works 100% OK with at least Ubuntu Dapper or similar
distros; I don't want to have IPython require bleeding edge stuff.

Today I'm stuck at an airport with spotty access, I should be back to
normal tomorrow.  I'll try to flush some backlog while I wait here, as
long as the net access continues to work.