[IPython-user] question of shell invocation

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 11:03:36 CST 2006

Hi Danny,

sorry for the late reply,  I had no net access for a while.

On 12/4/06, danny shevitz <danny_shevitz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been using IPython for a while, but this is in the embarrassing newbie question category.
>
> I am starting to develop a wxPython application and I want to run with the -wthread option.
> The problem is that I can't figure out how to do this. I'm on a windows box. Usually I click
> on my desktop icon which is a shortcut to a script ("ipython_shell.py") that imports Ipython
> and runs the shell.
>
> I can't figure out how to hand it a command flag. There is no ipython.py file in my distribution
> like the docs say (in order to run "ipython.py -wthread"), only an IPython module directory.

If you installed it from the win32 .exe installer, it should have made
a shortcut for the main IPython script in your start menu.  You can (I
think, I'm writing this from a linux box) copy that shortcut with
another name and edit its properties so that it passes the -wthread
flag.

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll try to do a win32 test to
give you more precise instructions in a day or two.