[IPython-user] Problem with import_some in profiles ?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 09:40:15 CST 2006

On 12/12/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/06, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> > Where can I find the docs for this approach of user configuration ?
>
> In addition to the links, I created the "official" api documentation
> page on the Wiki at
>
> http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/IpythonExtensionApi
>
> As you can see it's just a stub at the moment, but it should be pretty
> exhaustive by the time of the release around the years end. I'll also
> try to flesh it out as much as I can today.
>
> The api itself is stable already.

Could you put this info in the actual manual?  There's a real danger
we're going to start having an outdated manual where new features are
documented somewhere on the wiki and old ones in the html/pdf manual,
with no clear way for users to know where to look for stuff.

I'm open to discussing how to best handle this, but I think we should
try to use the wiki for what it  does best (collaborative,
community-maintained information and frequently evolving things), but
I still believe in the value of a solid, well-organized manual.

Thouhgts?

cheers,