[IPython-user] question of shell invocation and also windows and wthread

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:22:21 CST 2006

On 12/11/06, danny shevitz <danny_shevitz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So all this is a long winded way of saying I was never able to get a command
> line invocation working on windows using a switch (-wthread) as opposed to
> a hardcode (IPShellWX).
>
> I'm curious to know if anyone can get a command line switch variant working.

My suggestion (using the ipython.py directly) didn't work?

The way I always do it myself (and what I consider the easiest way): I
have the source distribution open somewhere (typically c:\ipython, or
c:\opt\ipython). I execute c:\ipython\ipython.py directly, with the
arguments I want. All the other ways seem like unnecessary hassle to
me. This is also closest to the "old fashioned" way of using
applications on win32/dos - just drop all the files somewhere and run
a command in the directory.