[IPython-user] default interpreter used by ipython

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 06:22:24 CST 2006

On 12/15/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/06, Glen W. Mabey <Glen.Mabey at swri.org> wrote:
>
> > Upon switching to ipython-0.7.3b3, the python interpreter used to invoke
> > setup.py no longer seems to be used as the interpreter placed as the
> > first line of the ipython invocation script ...
>
> Does the same happen with rc2 from
>
> http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

FWIW, I can't seem to see the problem here:

funes[bin]> python2.5 setup.py install --home=$HOME/tmp/foo

[...]

funes[bin]> head -2 ipython
#!/usr/bin/python2.5
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Could you please provide a few more details so we can track this
problem?  Nothing in the build process or distutils has changed
recently, so I'm rather surprised by your report, and can't reproduce
the problem locally.