[IPython-user] using jobctrl

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sat Dec 16 16:07:20 CST 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 09:50:51PM +0200, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On 12/16/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:
>
> > /home/stefan/subprocess.py in __init__(self, args, bufsize, executable, stdin, stdout,
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> >From the path it seems like this is your own subprocess.py instead of
> python's...

As I mentioned before, I don't know why I see the message above, but
it is not the problem.  Look at this section from the
Python/subprocess docs:

"""On Unix, with shell=False (default): In this case, the Popen class
uses os.execvp() to execute the child program. args should normally be
a sequence. A string will be treated as a sequence with the string as
the only item (the program to execute)."""

Cheers
Stéfan