[IPython-user] using jobctrl

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 11:35:10 CST 2006

On 12/17/06, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:

> As I mentioned before, I don't know why I see the message above, but
> it is not the problem.  Look at this section from the
> Python/subprocess docs:
>
> """On Unix, with shell=False (default): In this case, the Popen class
> uses os.execvp() to execute the child program. args should normally be
> a sequence. A string will be treated as a sequence with the string as
> the only item (the program to execute)."""

Good catch.

I changed it to run shlex.split on the command string (plain old split
wouldn't work in all cases, name quoted arguments with spaces).

It's done in svn. Fernando, can you build and upload it again? We can
tell apart this 0.7.3 from the previous by the changed revision number
in Release.py if need be...