[IPython-user] Suggestion for ipython on Windows

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Thu Dec 21 09:23:08 CST 2006

"Ville M. Vainio" <vivainio at gmail.com> writes:

 > Did you notice that there is now (0.7.3) ipython.py in
 > ..\python25\scripts?

These did not work.

>"d:\Program Files\Python25\Scripts\ipython"
'"d:\Program Files\Python25\Scripts\ipython"' is not recognized as an
internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

>"d:\Program Files\Python25\Scripts\ipython.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d:\Program Files\Python25\Scripts\ipython.py", line 26, in ?
    import IPython
ImportError: No module named IPython

 > I also think that this .bat file, if deployed, should reside in
 > ...\scripts, because of the established convention.

Fair enough, I only put it there because there was an entry in the
PATH to run python.  Revised bat file contents are:

"%~dp0..\python.exe" "%~dp0ipython" %*

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent