[IPython-user] python vs. ipython

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 04:12:33 CST 2006

On 2/1/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Unfortunately, ipython was written before optparse existed, and it uses a
> different option handling module (DPyGetOpt).  Switching to optparse is on the
> todo list, but I'm not sure you really want to go there: it's rather confusing
> code, and will require a lot of testing if you change it.

Perhaps I could manage by converting the arg string to

"ipython -a -b -- myscript.py -c -d

before processing.

(note the added --)

I'll try to take a look at it.

DPyGetOpt is probable my least favourite corner of ipython (that's an
understatement) so I'm not really too comfortable messing with it.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'