[IPython-user] auto_edit problems

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 04:17:41 CST 2006

On 1/31/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Under win32, it now defaults to looking for _ipython.  It used to be .ipython,
> but we changed it a while back to accomodate broken win32 software which gets
> confused by dotted directory names.  But this was a mistake: given that
> ipython honors the IPYTHONDIR variable, users needing a name other than
> .ipython can always set their own systems to use this.

As a win32 users I don't consider it a mistake - setting environment
variables is excessively hard in windows (control panel use needed). I
can add a warning if ".ipython" exists but is not used, but in SVN
_ipython will be the way forward.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'