[IPython-user] Some new material about ipython...

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Feb 12 19:43:17 CST 2006

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> This is a cool idea (although I don't really have the bandwidth to see
> the movies).
>
> I've been looking for a way to do this kind of thing under Linux and
> found this neat tool:
>
>  Vnc2swf is a cross-platform screen recording tool.
>
>  http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/index.html

Thanks for the links.  It's good to know these things can be made under *nix
as well (Ian's were made under windows, and I didn't know if the tool was
win32-specific).

> As an aside, I wonder what it will take for more folks to start using
> TVTK.  I'm up to my ears with my course and other academic work this
> semester ...

Mmh.  Like everything, time :)  Robert mentioned to me that some of the
Enthought tools weren't working too well under OSX, and the project I have
right now where we could use this is OSX-based, unfortunately.  In addition,
since the students I have on this have spent some real effort on Mayavi1
already, and we need results, I'm afraid we'll stick to M1 for now, until the
portability and feature-completeness issues of tvtk/M2 are sorted out.  Sorry,
but I simply have zero time to spend on getting a new tool off the ground at
this point.  But the examples do look great, so I hope you can pick up some
momentum.