[IPython-user] Autocall behaviour

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Tue Feb 14 02:19:04 CST 2006

Le Lundi 13 Février 2006 19:57, Fernando Perez a écrit :

> and SVN trunk similarly behaves correctly for me.  Could you repeat the
> above test for us please? Include a paste of the startup banner so we can
> see exactly your version info, and also please do this:

I'm using the debian testing package ($Revision: 1072 $), and I have the
same results on your example.

But the behaviour of this feature has changed. I'm using the embedded class.
Our IPython-based console is used to drive some remote objects, through
Pyro framework; the user directly uses remote objects of the Pyro server.

But in fact, from IPython side, these are only proxies. So, they do not have
the remote object methods (like __call__), but dynamically search if the
asked method is available on the remote object.

So, if IPython changed the way to see if a __call__ method is available, it
could be the problem. By the past, you might be using a try/except
statement arround the call. But if now you check *before* calling the
method if it exists, it does not work anymore.

Could it be the problem ?

--
   Frédéric