[IPython-user] Autocall behaviour

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 03:28:49 CST 2006

On 2/16/06, Ville Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note that autocall is a toggle, so it was probably switched it from 1 to 0 here.

In case the preceding statement was obscure, I of course meant "it was
switched from...".

> Something somewhere may be overriding your ipythonrc setting. Try
> setting autocall in another config file, e.g. ipy_user_conf.py:

Moving forward, I have in mind a good solution for this (config option
traceability). Over the weekend, I think I'll add an "electric" mode
to ipstruct.Struct that allows getting notifications for setattr
invocations. Then you'll be able to add an observer that saves the
stack frames from every setattr and you'll see who changes what
option, and to what value.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'