[IPython-user] Autocall behaviour

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 04:14:13 CST 2006

On 2/16/06, Frédéric Mantegazza <mantegazza at ill.fr> wrote:

> > Something somewhere may be overriding your ipythonrc setting. Try
> > setting autocall in another config file, e.g. ipy_user_conf.py:
> >
> > import IPython.ipapi
> > ip = IPython.ipapi.get()
> >
> > o = ip.options()
> > o.autocall = 2
>
> How do I use this config file ? I saw there is a

It should appear in your .ipython (or _ipython) dir if everything is
alright. UserConfig is just the template directory from which your
_ipython dir is constructed, the files there are never used directly.

> The man page says that default value for -autocall param is 1. So, are you
> sure that the autocall param is really read from the ipythonrc file ?

Frankly, ipythonrc & friends are under the governance of DPyGetOpt, so
I'm not really certain (and too busy to verify at this very moment).
Anything is possible out there, it's a very hacky/uncomfortable corner
of IPython and I'd prefer to avoid playing with it as much as
possible.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'