[IPython-user] notes and suggestions

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:14:32 CST 2006

On 2/21/06, r holland <rhh at structurelabs.com> wrote:

> Usage:
> %save filename n1-n2 n3-n4 ... n5 .. n6 ...
>
> where it should be
>
> Usage:
> %save filename n1:n2 n3:n4 ... n5 .. n6 ...

I think the first usage is correct - the slice format was changed recently.

However, it appears %save is broken in svn, I'll look into it this
evening at home.

> A useful magic function is the clip function, which copies a set of
> input lines to the clipboard. To use this on Windows the win32clipboard
> module needs to be imported into the Magic.py module and the following
> function, based on the magic save function, needs to be added.

I'll probably add this to Extensions/w32cliputils.py or somesuch,
thanks for the contribution! I figure %clip could also take arguments
like -c (copy), -p (paste), -g (get the contents in string and return
it to be used in var = %clip -g), -s (set the contents from
expression)...

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'