[IPython-user] Autocall behaviour

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 23 15:46:54 CST 2006

    Ville> Oh, ok. If you feel like playing with the SVN version
    Ville> easily w/o using SVN, you can do

I just updated from svn and am having some autocall problems too.  I
read through the previous thread but did not follow everything.  Is
this supposed to be fixed, or am I missing something?  I would expect
"Smart" to use autocall in the example below

johnh at jitter:~> ipython
Python 2.3.4 (#12, Jul  2 2004, 09:48:10)

IPython 0.7.2.svn -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
%magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' % functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

In [1]: d = dict(name='john')

In [2]: autocall 1
Automatic calling is: Smart

In [3]: d.keys
Out[3]: <built-in method keys of dict object at 0x8441e84>

In [4]: autocall 2
Automatic calling is: Full

In [5]: d.keys
Out[5]: ['name']