[IPython-user] Autocall behaviour

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:44:40 CST 2006

On 2/23/06, John Hunter <jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> I just updated from svn and am having some autocall problems too.  I
> read through the previous thread but did not follow everything.  Is
> this supposed to be fixed, or am I missing something?  I would expect
> "Smart" to use autocall in the example below

No, this problem has not been fixed. This thread has not been about
the capabilities of Smart mode, but rather whether "autocall"
directive is honored properly.

At this point I'd suggest using the Full mode (FWIW, I do so myself),
unless you really think you need the conservative approach of Smart
mode. Or do a

$ /d.keys

I think I'll poke around the Smart mode a little bit one of these days
to see how I can improve it.

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'