[IPython-user] ipython + visual

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:26:10 CST 2006

I searched the vpython mailing list archives and they give a fix for a
display closing bug, and I can keep ipython from shutting down using
their fix, but then I can't start a second animation.  So, I am no
better off with their fix and it definitely seems like a problem on
the vpython end.  For now I have seperated the animation from the
analysis that uses scipy, and not importing scipy in the animation
makes it start up a couple of seconds faster from the regular python
shell.  So, that is what I will do for now: ipython for analysis,
regular python for the animation.

Ryan