[IPython-user] IPShellEmbed problem?

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 2 15:28:06 CST 2006

Arnd Baecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with ipython-0.7.0.rc1 (sorry if it is fixed already),
> I get a KeyError for the example below.
>
> Best, Arnd

Please test SVN or rc7, just committed.

This one was tricky:  the original bug you reported was quick, but I realized
that there were other, trickier corner cases.  Chasing all the subtleties of
embedded ipython, especially with support for recursive and multiple
simultaneous embedded instances operating, is kind of a mind-bender.

They still all can 'see' each other via sys.modules and the internal state of
the Python VM, but I try really, really hard to simulate that each ipython is
a standalone Python, poking around inside of another process as if it were
just a probe.   But after all, in this quantum world of ours, you can't really
measure anything without disturbing it :)

Testing welcome...