[IPython-user] IPShellEmbed problem?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Jan 2 15:49:04 CST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Fernando Perez wrote:

> Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > with ipython-0.7.0.rc1 (sorry if it is fixed already),
> > I get a KeyError for the example below.
> >
> > Best, Arnd

[ From your other mail: ]

> Time machine :)  I saw it on my destkop about 30 seconds before your
> email arrived, seriously.

Judging from the timeline, it could also be a manifestation
of the ETS voodoo spreading over to IPython?

> Please test SVN or rc7, just committed.
>
> This one was tricky:  the original bug you reported was quick, but I realized
> that there were other, trickier corner cases.  Chasing all the subtleties of
> embedded ipython, especially with support for recursive and multiple
> simultaneous embedded instances operating, is kind of a mind-bender.
>
> They still all can 'see' each other via sys.modules and the internal state of
> the Python VM, but I try really, really hard to simulate that each ipython is
> a standalone Python, poking around inside of another process as if it were
> just a probe.   But after all, in this quantum world of ours, you can't really
> measure anything without disturbing it :)
>
> Testing welcome...

Will have to postpone this until tomorrow - time to let the computer
alone ;-)

Best, Arnd

P.S.: There is also something lurking
wrt TAB completion and traits objects - could not find
a simple example yet ...