[IPython-user] [Python-Dev] a quit that actually quits

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 01:45:39 CST 2006

On 1/3/06, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:

> For Windows there could probably be a "real" GUI output. (But I don't
> know if it's possible for a shell program to open windows).

It is, I think it's even the typical scenario in UI example programs.
Of course the GUI output would be usable in Linux as well (with any
sensible non-MFC toolkit), and it would kinda make the curses browsing
component almost redundant.

BTW, is the curses even necessary for this task? Why not just dump the
stuff directly to stdout? If you want to go back you would need to
"itertools.tee" the generator but there is no way around that
anyway...

I guess what could be trivially done already is to enhance %page to
recognize a generator and start iteratively dumping it, possibly
replacing the original object with itertools.tee:d version of the
generator.

--
Ville Vainio    http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
  Can't you see the world is burning