[IPython-user] [Python-Dev] a quit that actually quits

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:30:26 CST 2006

On 1/5/06, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:

> I'm not sure how much time I can devote to this, but I'm certainly
> willing to help.

I guess you should "take your time" and produce the simplest possible
*library* (genfilters.py, or whatever you choose to call it), put it
up on the web and then we can focus on the connection points
necessary/useful for ipython integration. I'm sure many connection
points deemed useful could be implemented by factoring out the
functionality to be replaced to hooks.py and then implementing the
replacements as ipython hooks.

Most use cases of such a filter system do overlap the use cases of
ipython, but the basic solution can be done in plain-old-python space
and can be harnessed by ipython by just doing "from genfilters import
*".

--
Ville Vainio    http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
  Can't you see the world is burning