[IPython-user] iPython-ish editor

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 09:33:48 CST 2006

It seems to me that iPython's tab completion works better than any I
have seen in any text editor that tries to support it - to the point
where I just go back and forth between iPython and vim, using iPython
to check that an object really has the methods I think it does and
pasting the iPython verified code back into my script.  How hard would
it be to borrow iPython's tab completion stuff and embedded it in a
Python based editor?  (Or is anyone aware of an editor whose tab
completion works correctly, recognizing that a certain object is of a
certain type and correctly determining its methods and properties?)

Thanks,

Ryan