[IPython-user] IPython 0.7.0 is out.

Sean M. Moore smm at ibl.bm
Tue Jan 10 21:39:31 CST 2006

Running on Win32 (XP and 2k) and Python 2.4 Matplotlib > .79
(several versions)

If I don't use the idle_add, then every keystroke takes
a noticeable amount of time (>1sec) to be processed.

When I first encountered this, I tried various versions
of matplotlib which made no difference, then discovered
that it was the GTK threading code.

On your advice, I tried various values of the TIMEOUT
and sys.setcheckinterval.  I found some parameters that
Worked  (TIMEOUT=10, setcheckinterval(20)), but then
found the idle_add which worked much better.

In the latest release I get a deprecation as well,
But I can use Ipython and matplotlib, which functionally
I can't under the default settings for timeout_add.

Sean