[IPython-user] Welcoming Ville as the new maintainer for IPython 0.7.x

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 11 14:30:05 CST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:
> On 1/11/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:
>

>>I will continue to be available on the list, and will assist Ville as needed,
>>but I'll try to spend all my ipython hacking time on the new work, which is a
>>longer term effort.
>

> Thanks, Fernando. There are still many dark & unknown places within
> IPython, so I'm still expecting you to point me at most probable
> places to look at when a bug is reported or a feature needs
> implementing. :-)

Absolutely, I will be there and will do my best to make sure you don't waste
much time wandering the code.

> I'd also like to use this opportunity to encourage people to attempt
> implementing features themselves (after discussing it on the list to
> get good pointers on where to look in the codebase), to have a decent
> chance of having it done in a timely manner.
>
> Becoming an ipython developer is very easy, once you have Subversion installed.

Excellent; I've added these to the wiki dev page:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/wiki/DeveloperGuidelines

Ville, you can log into the wiki as needed with your SVN user/pwd combo for
editing it.