[IPython-user] ^C does not abort during searches in 0.7

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jan 12 14:52:18 CST 2006

Francesc Altet wrote:
> A Dijous 12 Gener 2006 20:28, Fernando Perez va escriure:
>
>>AH!  I think it's a python 2.4 bug: I tested running the _same ipython_
>>against python 2.3/2.4, and I see the problem with 2.4.  Ah, it's so nice
>>when you can punt on a bug and blame it on Guido :)
>

> Congratulations ;-) Just in case, first check that there is not a bad
> interaction between IPython 0.7.0 and Python 2.4. I find strange the
> fact that the combination Python2.4.2/IPython0.7.0 works as it should
> when started within a thread.

Well, we could make a small test case that loads and configures readline for
2.4, but without ipython.  I'll look into this later.  Readline has funny
interactions with threads, as evidenced by problems we've had in the past,
which were ultimately python's fault:

http://www.scipy.net/roundup/ipython/issue30
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1166660&group_id=5470&atid=105470

That history is what ticked my response, since I know that
python+readline+threads can be a bit of a toxic cocktail.