[IPython-user] Parsing issue (maybe).

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Thu Jan 12 15:37:37 CST 2006

Yes the objects are callable and yes %autocall is on. So it seems I
have to renounce the %autocall magic functions. It's a pity since I'm
so lazy! ;)

Is there any chance to modify the %autocall in order to cope with a
case like this? I mean, it should be very usefull to keep %autocall
still active for case like objects' methods or functions that don't
need any arguments, such as:

In [1]: my_object.its_method
------> my_object.a_method()

while parentheses should be required to call methods and functions
that require any argument, such as:

In [2]: myfunc(an_arg)

but:

In [3]: my_func an_arg