[IPython-user] bug in edit magic: content of edited file is not accessible

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Jan 12 16:07:06 CST 2006

Fernando Perez пишет:

> OK, I see your point.  Automatic versioned source control was a feature of
> ipython all along, and I didn't even know it.  Who needs SVN when you have
> ipython  ;)

Probably it should be funny but I think you misunderstood my bad
english. All what I want is to easily test small chunks of code
on-the-fly during one IPython session.

I see that edit magic allows to edit file in which some function defined
but sometimes all what is need to do -- is simply run 3-4 lines of code
in interpreter.

> I'll revert the old behavior.

May be create the poll if you think that my use case is bad and
un-ipythonic.

--
Alexander