[IPython-user] Colors and less pager on win32

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Jan 12 17:43:23 CST 2006

I download windows version of less pager and try to use with IPython. I
install less and set environmnet variable PAGER to less.

When pagination is needed then less invoked correctly, I guess. But less
don't understand coloring escape sequences and show those in text. Very
unpleasant. Is this intended behaviour and I must do use NoColor scheme
when I want to use less or I need to invokre less with additional
parameters to force them to understand coloring escape sequences. Or
this just problem specific to windows port of less?

--
Alexander