[IPython-user] How to run IPython in "demo" mode

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jan 12 18:10:07 CST 2006

Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
> At SciPy, I saw a couple of people run IPython in demo mode where a few
> lines were executed and shown to the screen followed by a pause.
>
> How is this done.  Can somebody send me an example?

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/node14.html

The script in there is included in the doc/examples directory of your
installation, here's a quick download link:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/file/ipython/trunk/doc/examples/example-demo.py

Let me know if you need a hand with this: it's super-new and lightly tested,
but I wrote it thinking of giving talks, workshops and teaching in general.
So I'll help you if you run into any snags.