[IPython-user] ask help for "Effective logging"

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Wed Jan 18 14:51:19 CST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:

>On 1/18/06, Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu> wrote:
>

>>This looked so interesting that I decided to try it. Unfortunately it
>>didn't work for me. I changed PUT_SOME_PATH_YOU_WANT_HERE to
>>

>Could you try it now with the SVN version?

It works now, thanks, but with one caveat.  If you use Fernando's file
with the line

logfile '' # cancel earlier logfile invocation

then the rest of the autolog profile script gets skipped and the log
file produced is called ' # cancel earlier logfile invocation'.  That
is, the filename starts with a leading space and a # character.

Steve