[IPython-user] ask help for "Effective logging"

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:29:33 CST 2006

On 1/18/06, Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu> wrote:

> then the rest of the autolog profile script gets skipped and the log
> file produced is called ' # cancel earlier logfile invocation'.  That
> is, the filename starts with a leading space and a # character.

Move the # blah to another line, I suppose the *rc file parser is too dumb.

I'll post an example using the new IPython.ipapi tomorrow. I'd be
inclined to deprecate (though not remove, obviously) *rc file
configuration in the future. Custom parsers are nasty and error prone.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com