[IPython-user] ask help for "Effective logging"

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:49:32 CST 2006

On 1/18/06, Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu> wrote:

> My own $0.02 is that it isn't worth Ville's time to remove it from the
> main branch.  Just leave it there and we'll all work around its
> limitations until chainsaw is ready.

I won't remove it, just provide an alternative config method. It's
already implemented,  though not documented. Check out IPython.ipapi,
the docstring has minimal documentation. I'll put it up on wiki one of
these days (post 0.7.1).

I really wanted to offer an easy & straightforward way to extend
ipython (provide new magics etc.) which the rc file format does not
offer. The only thing that needs to remain in *rc files is "import_mod
foo_extension", the rest can be in foo_extension.py.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com