[IPython-user] IPython 0.7.1.rc1 is ready

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Jan 22 03:44:12 CST 2006

Hi all,

I think I've been able to fix all the bugs which were reported after 0.7.0.
I've put up a release candidate at the usual location:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on remaining problems.  Note that this is
NOT trunk/ of SVN anymore, Ville is working on that and this comes off a
branch.  Those of you using SVN for daily work can test this branch by using

svn switch http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/ipython/branches/0.7.1

inside your working copy.  You can then revert to trunk with

svn switch http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/ipython/trunk

(I think, I'm not an SVN expert, so I hope I didn't misunderstand the
instructions).

I am very pressed for time, so unfortunately I won't be able to leave the rc
in testing for long (I intended to release today, but didn't manage).  I'll
probably release mid-week.  On the other hand, the changes are mostly
localized to fixing the reported bugs, so perhaps we'll get lucky and no major
problems will arise.  I can dream...

Best,