[IPython-user] IPython 0.7.1 is out.

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:30:15 CST 2006

On 1/24/06, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:

> Sounds great! Can you show an example for installing a display hook? Is
> it OK to just use print in the hook, or do I have to use IPython's
> output facility?

Too busy to verify right now, but the hook name is "results_display".
hooks.py has the default implementation, you can do
ipapi.set_hook("results_display",my_display_hook) to set your own.

> BTW, the TryNext exception should be available in the IPython.ipapi module.

I thought so too, I'll move TryNext to ipapi.

> Another enhancement request: It would be great if the return value of
> the displayhook would be assigned to the _ variable (instead of the
> original object). This way e.g. a curses based browser could be used to
> select an object from a list, pressing a key returns to the IPython
> shell with the picked objects as _.

I will explore this, sounds good.

BTW, I figured I'll put your generator pipe utilities to Extensions
dir, once you get the displayhooks & all properly set up.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com